Gardiner and West Gardiner
View larger map
Map shows trails in Kennebec County
- Kennebec River Rail Trail — A lovely paved trail along the river. Great for joggers, strollers, and wheelchairs. Easy, pretty, and surprisingly quiet in sections. 6.2 miles in total.
- West Gardiner Nature Trail — A roughly 2-mile trail network in the woods, with boardwalks and some sheltered sitting areas.
- Harrison Ave. Nature Trail — This is a little park along the Cobbosseecontee Stream where you might see cormorants, herons, and osprey.
- Wakefield Wildlife Sanctuary — Currently there is a .5-mile one-way trail to the shores of Cobbossee Stream on this 113-acre preserve. The land trust also rents out two charming lakeside cabins here.
- Gardiner Regional Middle School trails — There are about .75 miles in the pleasant trail network behind the school.