View larger map
Maps shows Cumberland County
- Shaw Park and Gambo Preserve — This is a popular place and it has paved trails. You can do a loop here that’s a little over two miles. D
- Claire Drew Trail — Wide trails, wheelchair accessible on this small preserve.
- St. Pierre Preserve — More of a fishing spot than a trail, but there is a .3-mile path here. And it’s pretty.
- Hawkes Preserve — Well-marked one-mile loop trail, with a good portage into the Presumpscot River.
- Little River Preserve — This is a peaceful place, and I walked for 1.5 or so miles.
- Gorham Trails — Several miles of trails that are popular with mountain bikers near the middle and high schools. Continues across Route 112.
- Tannery Brook — A little under two miles of trails here, fairly well marked, and includes a pond.
- Sea to Sebago Trail — This long-distance biking or walking path goes from Portland to Sebago Lake theoretically, but it is still in the works. The most developed part, as far as I can tell, is the section from Windham through Gorham to Standish and the lake. Great biking.
- Cummings Preserve — A 1-mile walk along the Presumpscot River, below the impressive Dundee Dam.
- USM Trails — There is a lot of little mountain bike trails behind the campus, as well as some regular walking paths.
- West Sky — A .6-mile loop in the woods, off of busy Narragansett Street.
- Nelson Preserve — A one-mile loop on a 36-acre preserve.