Map shows trails in Cumberland County
- Wilson’s Cove Trail — A 1/2-mile trail on a 14-acre easement.
- Mitchell Field — 1.5 miles of trails on this former Navy facility. Easy walking on well-tended trails.
- Devil’s Back Trail, Orr’s Island — 1.2-mile loop, some tricky footing involved.
- Long Reach Preserve — 93-acre preserve, with a good-length walk. Some ups and downs.
- Cliff Trail — A popular 2.3-mile loop trail, on a 200-acre town-owned lot with 150-foot cliffs that provide views of Long Reach. Some inclines.
- Bowdoin College Coastal Studies Center, Orr’s Island — Bowdoin maintains this 118-acre preserve and 3.5-mile trail system for research and public use. Easy walking here.
- Skolfield Shores Preserve — A 19-acre preserve with two small trail loops.
- Hackett Land Preserve and Minot Easement — A smallish walk in a 36-acre wooded preserve. Connects to snowmobile trails.
- Stover’s Point Preserve — A lovely 4-acre beach, with small salt marsh tucked behind. Makes for a very short walk.
- Pott’s Point — One-acre parcel at the tip of Harpswell Neck. The walk takes you along a narrow lane through the neighborhood out here. Easy walking but it is rocky out on the neck.
- Widgeon Cove Trail — A very pretty, short trail.
- Curtis Farm Preserve — This trail network will be a lovely trail when the land trust is finished with it (was in process in December 2014). The 86-acre preserve borders two coves. No dogs off leash during bird nesting season, April 15-July 31.
- Giant Stairs — A gorgeous, short trail along a particularly dramatic section of Harpswell’s coast.
- Houghton Graves Park — A .25-mile loop trail to a pretty view of a cove.
- Otter Brook Preserve — This 68-preserve protects a freshwater stream and marsh. The 1.6-mile trail system includes a viewing spot of the marsh.
- Little Ponds Preserve — A .25-mile loop that includes a lookout over a pretty cattail marsh.