Map shows trails in York County.
- Fort Foster — A stunning old military site, with beaches and great seaside trails.
- Fort McClary — There isn’t much walking to be had here, but it’s a great spot to visit. I saw lots of Northern flickers when I visited.
- Norton Preserve — Woods and wetlands and about 3 miles of trails.
- Town Forest — This used to be the poor farm; there’s lots of interesting history in this pretty forested preserve.
- Remick Preserve — A quiet 1.6 mile or so walk in a forest.
- Brave Boat Headwaters Preserve — A roughly 1-mile walk in a wooded preserve.
- Rachel Carson National Wildlife Reserve
- Fairchild — A teensy preserve with a .1-mile long trail.
- Rogers Park — A 23-acre preserve with an old oak forest and views of a tidal creek.
- Seapoint — Two beaches are joined by a grassy bluff at this 4.5-acre preserve (limited parking, closed to non-Kittery residents during the summer).