Map shows trails in York County
- Saco Heath — The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 1,200 acres of peatland, and built a long boardwalk and a 1.8-mile trail allowing people a rare entry into this watery landscape. No dogs allowed.
- Horton Woods — Three miles of trails here, with some benches overlooking a fast brook and a small marsh. Dogs allowed.
- Sylvan Trail — 1.7-mile trail to some lovely meadows. Try to ignore the highway sounds. Dogs allowed.
- Cascade Falls — A .5-mile loop and quick descent to a lovely waterfall. Dogs allowed.
- Middle Goosefare Trails — A mile of trails behind the Wagon Wheel Motel, off Route 1. Dogs allowed.
- Ferry Beach State Park — About 1.5-miles of trails, not including the miles of walking you can do on the beach. Dogs allowed off season.
- Atlantic Way, Plymouth and Vines Trails — A little under two miles of trails, with lovely views of the marshland.
- Ferry Landing Trail — A short walk in the woods, by a vernal pool. Dogs allowed.
- Riverwalk — A short trail, with a spur (through a broken fence) to some beautiful rock ledges on the river. Dogs allowed.
- Eastern Trail — A great bike path, with lovely off-road sections between South Portland and Kennebunk.