View larger map
Map shows trails in Oxford County
- Bethel Pathway — Just about a mile of paved path along the river. Easy going and pretty.
- Valentine Farm — A wheelchair accessible 1.2-mile trail with nice views and a charming creek. And additional 1-mile loop circles the meadow, and an 0.8-mile extension connects the farm trails to Bethel Pathway. Check out the pollinator garden!
- Bethel Village Trails — A wonderful groomed system of x-c trails in the winter, and biking trails in the summer.
- Carter’s X-C Ski Center — When I tried to ski here, I left disappointed. Perhaps it is better mid-winter. Call ahead to see how many trails are groomed for skiing.
- McCoy-Chapman Forest — You can do several different walks here on this 500-acre preserve. A good one is a 2.3-mile hike, one way, to a high point with a view.
- Bethel Community Forest — Part of a huge, and I think growing, area of contiguous protected land. The community forest has many miles of hiking and biking trails to views and waterfalls.
- Round Mountain — In less than two miles, you can hike up this steep little 760-foot mountain to reach a series of viewpoints.
- Long Mountain — A gorgeous hike to open ledges with great westerly views. You can do a 5.5-mile loop, or just hike to South Ledge, a 4.4-mile there-and-back hike. The ascent is relatively easy and for part of the way follows a pretty brook.