View larger map
Map shows trails in Oxford County
- Bethel Pathway — Just about a mile of paved path along the river. Easy going.
- Round Mountain — Note that this hike is on private property and there may be restrictions for public access. A short, steep hike to nice views.
- Long Mountain Trail — Note that this hike is on private property and there may be restrictions for public access. A 2-mile one-way path to a pretty view. Easy, gradual climb, much of it along a pretty brook. Mountain bike trails at base.
- Valentine Farm — A wheelchair accessible 1.2-mile trail with pretty views and a charming creek.
- Bethel Village Trails — A wonderful groomed system of x-c trails in the winter, and biking trails in the summer.
- Carter’s X-C Ski Center — When I tried to ski here, I left disappointed. Perhaps it is better mid-winter. Call ahead to see how many trails are groomed for skiing.
- McCoy-Chapman Forest — A 2.3-mile trek, one way, along a scrubby trail to a high point with a view.