Map shows trails in Knox County
- Ragged Mountain — The climb to the summit here from Route 117 is about 2.5 miles, and you can carry on for another mile or so to another exposed ledge for views, or all the way to Bald Mountain for a rather hardy hike! Strenuous.
- Bald Mountain — Lovely. A 1-mile hike to a rare, fragile subalpine habitat with beautiful views. Dogs must be on a leash.
- Ragged Mountain Gateway Trails on the Camden Snow Bowl — So far I’ve just hiked the 1.5-mile Hosmer Brook Trail, which is pleasant enough but has no views. Dogs must be controlled well because there are lots of bikers around.
- Camden Hills State Park — I think there’s about 25 miles of trails here, lots of great small hikes with stupendous views. You have to pay a park fee.
- Merryspring Nature Center — There are many trails crammed into a pretty 66-acre preserve here! No dogs allowed.
- Rheault Conservation Easement Trail — A roughly 1.1-mile trail, easy uphill going, to a pretty blueberry barren with views. No dogs allowed.