Map shows trails in Knox County
- Ragged Mountain and its many trails, including Round the Mountain— The climb to the summit here from Route 117 is about 2.5 miles, and you can carry on for another mile or so to another exposed ledge for views, or all the way to Bald Mountain or, on the other side, to Spruce Mountain! Strenuous.
- Bald Mountain — Lovely. A 1-mile hike to a rare, fragile subalpine habitat with beautiful views. Dogs must be on a leash.
- Camden Hills State Park — I think there’s about 25 miles of trails here, lots of great small hikes with stupendous views. You have to pay a park fee.
- Merryspring Nature Center — There are many trails crammed into a pretty 66-acre preserve here! No dogs allowed.
- Rheault Conservation Easement Trail — A roughly 1.1-mile trail, easy uphill going, to a pretty blueberry barren with views. No dogs allowed.