Map shows trails in Penobscot County.
- New England Outdoor Center — More than 10 miles of groomed trails. Beautiful and very fun. Cozy lodge and cabins by the lake for after ski relaxation.
- Bait Hole trails — Roughly eight miles of easy x-c groomed trails (only after snowstorms). Biking popular, too. No dogs allowed.
- Mike Michaud Trail — An in-town, 1.6-mile paved, wheelchair accessible path. Much of it is trail along the river. Some sidewalk walking. Dogs allowed.
- River Pond Nature Trails — About 4.6 miles of trails in woods and along ponds with beautiful Katahdin views. Dogs allowed.
- Grindstone Falls Trail — This is a .9-mile one-way trail alongside some rapids in the East Branch Penobscot River. The trail was not posted in March, 2017, but there were plastic flags marking the way. Dogs allowed.
- East Millinocket Sno Rovers X-C Trails — About 8 miles of groomed, easy x-c track (only after snowstorms) just outside of the village area of town. Prettiest part is by the river. I think dogs may be allowed?
- Northern Timber Cruisers northern x-c trails — Roughly nine miles of groomed, fairly easy x-c trails. The trail system includes beautiful bogs and a warming hut. Dogs not allowed.