- Tucker Mountain — A short hike, just about half a mile, up a small mountain to decent views of Frenchman Bay.
- Schoodic Bog (to Schoodic Mountain — The roughly 4-mile loop around the big, impressive bog is part of a much bigger system of trails that stretch south to two other preserves and north, over stunning Schoodic Mountain, to the Donnell Public Lands. Such a nice area!
- Little Tunk Pond Preserve — This is really more like a short trail you do to swim from a beautiful beach into a beautiful pond, but it’s still a legitimate walk! It’s .4 miles to the sandy beach.
- Baker Hill and Long Ledges Preserves — Lovely, beautiful, so nice…I reuse these adjectives a lot, but this is really a champion of preserves! It has it all: small hill with great views, open ledges, variety of habitats, a remote pond for swimming, and long trails you can spend a day walking along.
- Donnell Pond Public Land — This 14,000-acre tract is nestled between Sullivan and some surrounding towns. For categorizing purposes, I’m putting it on this page. There are many great hikes here, and many great paddles.
Map shows trails in Hancock County