View larger map
Map shows trails in Knox County
- Beech Hill Preserve — A 295-acre field that encompasses organic blueberry meadows, grassland bird habitat and a very unusual stone hut with a grass roof! Dogs allowed on leash. Moderate climb. Roughly 2 or so miles of hiking possible here.
- Erickson Fields Preserve — A wide, possibly wheelchair-accessible trail, about 1.3 miles, on a former farm. Mostly wooded, dogs allowed.
- Ragged Mountain — A glorious, view-filled place to hike. Less crowded than the Camden Hills. Dogs allowed.
- Community Wellness Trail — A 1.5-mile loop around Pen Bay Medical Center, with some nice views.
- Aldermere Farm Preserve — Two short trails on this protected farm bring you to two bodies of water. One 0.4-mile trail takes you to the bay; the other 0.2-mile trail brings you to a pond.