Map shows trails in Lincoln County
- Salt Bay Heritage Trail— This 3.5-mile or so trail is dog friendly, and makes its way along Great Salt Bay and the Damariscotta River. Check out the glittering Native American oyster shell middens. Dogs allowed. You can’t cross the Route 1 culvert (which connects the two trails) if it has been raining.
- Baker Forest — This is a roughly 1.5- to 2-mile walk in the woods. Dogs allowed.
- Griggs Preserve — A 1.5-mile, mostly wooded path. Dogs allowed.
- Marsh River Preserve — An out-of-the way mile-or-so-long trail with a guided nature walk. Dogs allowed.
- Dodge Point Preserve — Over three miles of trails on this gorgeous 521-acre preserve. Dogs allowed.
- Sherman Lake — The path was overgrown when I hiked it, and the lake is more of a marsh than a lake, but this 95-acre preserve offers a pleasant three-ish-mile walk.
- Marsh River Bog — A little one-miler on 54 acres, with a dwarf bog. Dogs allowed.
- Mills Overlook — A short walk with views, if you can find the trail! It is a bit easy to lose it. I missed the view entirely but I am determined to return and find it! Dogs allowed.