Map shows York County
- Butler Preserve — A short there-and-back trail along the Kennebunk River, to some rocky ledges overlooking a deep part of the river. Quite pretty. Dogs allowed.
- The Secret Garden — A wooded walk, with some wetlands, behind the Evergreen Cemetery. Dogs allowed, but not in the cemetery.
- Kennebunk Plains — A huge tract of extraordinary land. Lots of trails. Follow the preserve rules. Dogs allowed on leash. Take care to keep them away from breeding birds.
- Alewive Woods Preserve — About a two-mile look trail, with views over Alewive Pond. Dogs allowed.
- Mousam River Wildlife Sanctuary — A .75-mile there-and-back trail with views of the Mousam River. Dogs allowed.
- Bridle Path — This is about a 3.4-mile or so trail from Sea Road School (actually, from the railroad tracks a little north of the school), to fairly close to the shore. Dogs allowed. Easy walking or bicycling.
- Wonder Brook/Murphy Preserve — A delightful 80-acre preserve, with 2.5 miles of trails, some along the brook. Dogs allowed.
- Eastern Trail — A great bike path, with lovely off-road sections between South Portland and Kennebunk.