Map shows trails in Franklin County
- Redington Pond trail — A roughly four-mile loop, with a view over the pond. Part of the Outdoor Center’s trails. Dogs are allowed off-season, I think. I hope!
- Little Bigelow — A great day hike, roughly three miles to a ridge with lovely views. Park of the longer Bigelow Preserve trail, and the AT.
- Burnt Mountain — This is not a terribly difficult hike for experienced hikes, about 5 miles round trip, to a rocky, open summit.
- Maine Huts and Trails — This is a glorious network of miles of groomed ski trails linking four quite posh overnight lodges. In addition, there are hiking and biking trails. The system is open year-round, although the huts don’t have staff in the summer.
- Sugarloaf Outdoor Center — 54 miles of groomed nordic trails in the winter, lovely mountain bike trails (and walking trails) in the summer.