View larger map
Map shows trails in Waldo County.
- Passy Greenway City of Belfast Trail — This is a shortish loop (which is up and down, be warneed!) that is part of an area near the Passagassawakeag River with a lot of nearby conserved tracts. Dogs allowed.
- Knowlton-Swanson-Stephenson Preserve — Next to the Passy Greenway is the Knowlton-Swanson-Stephenson Preserve, which, like the Passy Greenway, is a short loop with some steep sections. Dogs allowed.
- Stover and Head of Tide Preserves — These are two preserves, one 53 acres (Stover) and the other 92, but they are almost directly across the street from each other, so I have joined them in one site. Some pretty sections along the Passagassawakeag River. Dogs allowed.
- Little River Community Trail — A lovely 5.2-mile walk along two reservoirs and a river. Two road crossings involved.
- Rail Trail — Beautiful, wheelchair accessible path — roughly 3 miles if you include the downtown harbor section — along the wide Passagassawakeag River.