Map shows trails in Cumberland County
- Presumpscot River Trail, East Bridge Street — A lovely, quiet 1.4-mile trail along the river. From here you can cross the bridge to Riverton Trolley Park.
- Mill Brook Preserve — This trail follows a beautiful brook—an important migratory route for alewife fish—with some deep-looking pools. The trail has a few steep ups and downs.
- Mill Brook South Preserve — Just a bit south of Mill Brook Preserve is this 32-acre parcel that protects land along the brook. You can go for a 1.5-mile loop through old forest here.
- Westbrook City Forest — This trail system seems designed for mountain bikers, but the Cascade Trail in the northern section of the forest is pleasant for walking.
- Conant Property — This is a small preserve with granite benches and swings by the Presumpscot River.
- Pride Preserve — 188 acres of forest (some relatively recently harvested) and streams, with many trails following wide, old, flat woods roads.
- Westbrook Schools/Animal League trails — You can walk about 2 miles from the dog park to Spring Road along mostly footpaths. Be careful around the animal league, though, as volunteers may be taking some of the dogs out for walks.