View larger map
Map shows trails in York County
- Wells Barren Preserve — A walk on an open heath, with about four miles of trails. No dogs allowed.
- Wells Reserve at Laudholm — One of Maine’s finest coastal walks! Miles of trails, including on boardwalks, along salt marshes and through forests, with a jaunt to the seaside. Dogs are not allowed.
- Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge — A beautiful one-mile loop with views of the salt marsh, dogs allowed on leashes, wheelchair accessible. Easy for any kind of walker.
- Tilton Homestead Wildlife Commons — A little walk that includes sections along Merriland River and the remains of an old river dam.
- Fenderson East Trail, Fenderson Wildlife Commons, Wells — Å short walk in the woods.
- Moe’s Trail, Fenderson Wildlife Commons — An easy mile loop on an old logging track.
- Perkinstown Wildlife Commons — A 288-acre preserve, with RR tracks joining walking paths.
- Wells Recreation Department Trails — A pretty 1ish-mile loop through woods and along the river.
- Tatnic Woods — A one-mile walk in the woods, by vernal pools.
- Tatnic Hills Preserve — A Nature Conservancy preserve, so no dogs. You can do two forested one-mile loops on either side of Cheney Woods Road.