View larger map
Map shows trails in Lincoln County
- Peters Pond Preserve — A beautiful, quiet, undeveloped pond! A 1.6-mile mile loop from Dutch Neck Road is well blazed, taking you to the pond. You can also get to the pond from Gross Neck Road.
- Clarry Hill — 1.25 miles, one way, through blueberry fields, woods and to an undeveloped pond. A treat.
- Geele Farm Trail — A pretty and varied 2.5-mile (or shorter) walk, with places to swim in Medomak River.
- Osborn Finch Sanctuary — This is a short walk, .7 miles or so, but the views of the Medomak River are gorgeous, and you can also rent a little seaside cabin here.
- Reef Point Preserve — A walk along a dirt road takes you to a .6-mile loop that passes by a pretty stretch of the Medomak River.
- Goose River Peace Corps and Mill Pond preserves — About 2 miles of trails (which intersect with snowmobile trails) on a roughly 100-acre parcel, with some pretty spots along the river and pond.
- Burkett Mill Preserve — This is a large preserve (with good blueberries!). Paths needs a little maintenance, or they did the summer of 2015.
- Quarry Hill Preserve — This preserve doesn’t have developed walking trails, as far as I can see, but it contains beautiful blueberry barrens and a quarry pond. There are dirt roads and snowmobile paths.
- Waldoboro Town Forest — There is a 1.5-mile blazed loop in this 65-acre woods. The walk takes you through an old-growth hemlock tree stand.
- Marine Park — Very short trails, pretty and small park. Used as a boat launch.
- Riverbrook Preserve — A lovely 1.5-mile trail along the Medomak River and through fields and woods.
- Guy Van Duyn Refuge — A .4-mile trail leads down to a tidal marsh.