View larger map
Map shows trail in Kennebec County
- Winslow Community Trails — Wide, easy, wheelchair-accessible trails.
- Head of Falls — A city park, with a road road leading north.
- Oxbow Nature Preserve — A small city park with views of Messalonskee Stream. A bit rough.
- Thomas College — The best part of this little 1/2-mile trail, which needed some TLC in the winter of 2018, was a bench inscribed with “serenity.”
- Merritt Nature Trail — This short trail has a lot of promise, as it borders the Messalonskee Stream, but it needed some attention in the winter of 2018.
- Quarry Trails — This 200-plus acres of city-owned land is a wonderful resource for locals. It has 6.5 miles (to date) of trails are groomed for skiing in the winter; I gather it’s a popular place for bikers, walkers, and runners in the non-snowy months.
- North Street Recreation Area Trail — A 0.6-mile wheelchair accessible trail lets you stroll along the pretty Messalonskee Stream in the dappled shade of trees.