Map shows trails in Waldo County
- Rines Wetlands and Wildlife Preserve — A 1-mile there-and-back track follows the edge of the marsh and ends at a small marsh lookout.
- Moulton’s Mill Preserve — Follow a meadow and continue along 25-Mile Stream on a .9-mile one-way track.
- Triplet Park and Bartlett Shore Trail — The small municipal park connects to a 1-mile trail, much of it along snowmobile track, that brings you to the shore of Unity Pond.
- Connor Mill Trail — You can do a 3-mile walk along Sandy Stream at this nice protected spot.
- Field of Dreams — An old hayfield has been converted into a recreational trail, with a 1-mile wheelchair accessible loop around the perimeter.
- Unity College Forest Trails — A 3-mile network of wide, well-marked trails are maintained behind the college. This system connects to the 47-mile Hills to Sea Trail.
- CommUnity Bikeway and Fairgrounds Trail — If you start this trail at the college campus, you’ll start off on a wide gravel path that slopes down through a pretty field and across a gorgeous pedestrian bridge spanning Sandy Stream. The path continues across Route 202 and takes walkers to the fairgrounds.
- Kanokolus Bog — The trail was a bit wild when we visited in the spring of 2020, and it takes you through woods and a small meadow.
- Carlson Woods Preserve — Stop by this easement for a 1-mile loop trail through quiet woods.