This page covers walks in Berwick, South Berwick, and North Berwick
View larger map
Map shows York County
- Grant’s Meadow at Beaver Dam Heath — A 3/4-mile walk close to the heath. Berwick. Dogs allowed.
- Negutaquet Conservation Area — 100 acres includes a small river, old family cemetery, and lovely woods. North Berwick. Dogs allowed.
- Bauneg Beg Mountain — Quite an extraordinary little mountain for this part of Maine. An easy .6-mile or so hike to a lookout.
- Grover-Herrick Preserve — 1-mile loop in the woods, with a bench overlooking part of Bauneg Beg Pond.
- Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park — About three miles of wide trails in woods, with some views of the Salmon Falls River. The trail network links up the grand Hamilton House. This park is very popular.
- Savage Preserve — A one-mile loop through meadow and woods, along tidal and freshwater frontage.
- Desrochers Memorial Forest — A good portion of this 2.2 mile trail network runs along the pretty Great Works River.
- Orris Falls Conservation Area — This 171-acre preserve has a lot to explore: literary history (Sarah Orne Jewett described a scene at an old home here), beaver ponds, balancing rocks. The trails stretch out and you can do a few different loops.
- Kenyon Hill Preserve — You can do a pleasant mile loop in the woods here, and check out an enormous granite block with a towering cliff face.