View larger map
Map shows trails in Kennebec County
- Viles Arboretum — 224 acres, dog friendly, and filled with gardens and sculptures and open fields. There are, in total, five miles or so of wide, well-maintained and easy trails here.
- Augusta Nature Education Center — Five miles of trails packed into a pretty compact area!
- University of Maine Augusta Fitness Trails — A little more than 2 miles of trails that can be picked up behind the tennis courts.
- Bond Brook ski trails — There’s about five miles or so of groomed track here for x-c skiing. There are also single-track trails for walking, biking, and snowshoeing that I haven’t done yet!
- Kennebec River Rail Trail — A lovely paved trail along the river. Great for joggers, strollers, and wheelchairs. Easy, pretty, and surprisingly quiet in sections. 6.2 miles in total.
- Howard Hill — A nearly 3-mile trail system with a great view of the State House. Some steep hills.