Map shows trails in Hancock County
- Surry Forest — This large tract of more than 2,000 acres was harvested in 2016, and you can walk on 9 miles of logging roads, including a 3-mile loop.
- Patten Stream Preserve — The stream makes a pleasant backdrop for a walk on this 41-acre preserve.
- Carter, Firth, and Talalay Preserves — Three preserves (officially one preserve, two sanctuaries) are connected via one trail system, for a walk by a bay and through the woods.
- Osgood Trail — A 1-mile forested trail, with a .6-mile loop, lies behind the Osgood athletic field.
- Morgan Bay Zendo Contemplative Path — Go for a short (.3 mile) but charming walk in the forest, or even better, stay for a bit and meditate when the center is offering sessions!
- Meadowbrook Forest — Like the nearby Surry Forest, you can go for a relatively lengthy walk, ski, bike ride, or run on former logging roads — all relatively flat and easy. The Blue Hill Heritage Trust has placed signs to direct visitors on two 5-mile loops. The 2,030-acre tract can be accessed from both Ellsworth and Surry.