View larger map
Map shows trails in Washington County
- Cutler’s “Bold Coast Trail” — 10 miles of glorious trails here, plus a few fairly remote campsites on oceanside bluffs. Truly remarkable.
- Eastern Knubble — This is a fairly short (.8-mile one way) and easy walk to a cobble beach.
- Western Head — This is a roughly 3-mile walk through mossy forest. Dramatic seaside bluffs await.
- Bog Brook Cove Preserve — You can walk about six miles here, through interesting, varied terrain, with some lovely spots along the coast.
- Stone Mountain — A .7-mile (one-way) trail (quite overgrown in the summer of 2017) leads to an open summit. Not quite high enough for truly grand views.