Map shows Washington County trails
- Mowry Beach Preserve — This is a .4-mile boardwalk (or mostly boardwalk) through pretty scrubland to the 1.2-mile Mowry Beach.
- Hamilton Cove — The trails spread out here like tentacles. Most are one-way, leading to some lovely areas. All told, the trail network is more than two miles.
- Boot Head — Very pretty spot on the Bold Coast. High seaside cliffs. Loop trail is a little more than two miles.
- Horan Head — This is a lovely area (with a four-mile or so trail network) but the trail needed work in the summer of 2017. It’s worth it for the views from the rocky points.
- Morong Cove — The trails here were not passable in the summer of 2017.
- Klondike Mountain — A short hike to an open summit with views all around.
- Pike Lands — You can walk to two shorelines here on either side of the peninsula, one trail is about 1 mile, the other half that.
- Quoddy Head State Park — Totally gorgeous spot. You can go for a 1-mile loop walk or a roughly 3.8-mile loop that takes you through spectacular coastal scenery, mossy forests, pebbly coves, misty bog, and to a sandy beach and a famous light house. Dogs allowed but there are many visitors here.