View larger map
Map shows trails in Kennebec County
- French Mountain — A delightful and very quick little hike, about .8 miles round trip. Dogs allowed. Nice views.
- Mt. Phillip — 1.4-mile loop, two lookouts. Dogs allowed on this little mountain.
- The Mountain — There’s about 2.5 miles of trails on this small mountain, which has one particularly nice lookout. Dogs allowed.
- Round Top Mountain — The loop trail on this 1,133-foot mountain is just under four miles, which will take you to some nice views of the Belgrade Lakes. At the bottom of the trailhead is a .7-mile hike (downhill) to a swimmable site on Long Pond.
- Sanders Hill — This 2.9-mile mountain trail doesn’t boast the views of nearby ones in the Kennebec Highlands, Belgrade Lakes area, but it is quiet and nice.
- “A” Trail — I’m not sure why the A is in quotes! This 9-mile hike offers one view and one viewless, but pleasant, mountain top. At the bottom of the trailhead is a .7-mile hike (downhill) to a swimmable site on a Long Pond.