View larger map
Maps shows Cumberland County
- Shaw Park and Gambo Preserve — This is a popular place and it has paved trails. You can do a loop here that’s a little over two miles. Dogs allowed.
- Claire Drew Trail — Wide trails, wheelchair accessible on this small preserve. Dogs allowed.
- St. Pierre Preserve — More of a fishing spot than a trail, but there is a .3-mile path here. And it’s pretty. Dogs allowed.
- Hawkes Preserve — Well-marked one-mile loop trail, with a good portage into the Presumpscot River. Dogs allowed.
- Little River Preserve — This is a peaceful place, and I walked for 1.5 or so miles. Dogs allowed.
- Gorham Trails — A few miles of trails that appear popular with mountain bikers near the middle and high schools. Connects to larger system of trail across Route 112. Dogs allowed.
- Frog Hollow Farm Preserve — A half-mile there-and-back trail to a little river. Dogs allowed.
- Tannery Brook — A little under two miles of trails here, fairly well marked, and includes a pond. Dogs allowed.
- Sea to Sebago Trail — This long-distance biking or walking path goes from Portland to Sebago Lake theoretically, but it is still in the works. The most developed part, as far as I can tell, is the section from Windham through Gorham to Standish and the lake. Dogs allowed. Great biking.